Friday, October 13, 2006

I'm on a roll with three posts in three days.

Thank god for the return of the fall TV schedule, what with The Wire, Lost, Battlestar Galactica, along with my two guilty pleasures - Smallville and Desperate Housewives I actually have some TV I want to watch. The Wire has to be the pick of the bunch at the moment although BSG is pushing hard - it'll be interesting to see if they can keep up the commentary on the Iraqi war going or if they will be forced to drop it.

After spending most of the summer listening to classical music as there wasn't much new indie music that I wanted to listen to there seems to have been some decent releases sneaking out. I really like the Decemberist's new album, that feel good sound always hits the spot after a hard day. I also found out that Beck has a new album out, I must be getting old because I used to know months in advance when a favourite artist was going to be releasing a new album. I blame the general crapness of music programs on TV (particularly anything on MTV2) and the deaths of Melody Maker/John Peel. I still really miss Mr Peel, his shows were a beacon of light in a sea of mediocrity and talentless drivel that is Radio 1. Still, at least Jooles Holland still has his show, and the BBC have been broadcasting every episode of the last 3 or 4 seasons in HD on BBC HD. The HD broadcasts have looked and sounded stunning, plus its been good to see bands I haven't heard of in a while like Arcade Fire, will they ever get another album out?

Off to the football tomorrow, hopefully to watch Villa stuff Spurs, but O'Neil has said that we are playing 4-4-2 instead of 4-3-3 so I hope the change doesn't bring about a disaster like it did for England. Mind you O'Neil is a great manager while McClaren struggles to prove he is anything other than average.

No comments: