Saturday, October 14, 2006

Well I just got back from the Villa and here is what I said on Avforums about it:

I think its time for somebody else (anybody else) to take over penalty duty from Angel, this time he wasn't as lucky as the one against the Scummers.

Still, he got on the end of more balls than Baros who couldn't get on the end of the balls Moore would have (not surprising really) and he kept drifting into the middle. We looked immediately better once Baros came off and we went 4-4-2 as we seemed to be getting over run in the mid field.

Hughes looked off as well, did he even have any successful passes today? If it was up to me I wouldn't be playing him based on the last two home performances I've seen, but do we have a right back to replace him?

So glad that the ref awarded the penalty and the sending off, it put right all the decisions that went against us and I nearly though he would just wave play on.

The ground was nearly full (less than 50 seats I think) but you couldn't hear a peep out of the Villa fans until the penalty, the fans were s**t today. Fair play to the Spurs fans, they were f**king loud as usual. Villa turned on the PA system right before kick off to counter the Spurs fans but the Villa fans didn't really sing along .

No comments: